Saturday, June 12, 2010

Passion...

It's what separates us from the animals.

(The first pic Transworld posted of Brighton for the 09-10 season)

The other night, I dreamed Utah was hit with an unseasonable cold front that puked feets of snow on Utah's only open mountain, Snowbird. Matt and I decided it was worth the $60 a day lift ticket (which we normally would NEVER do), and made the trek up. I was up to my knees in pow, surrounded by good friends, and endless tree runs of turns, drops, jumps, and rolls. But then, it was only a dream. It's amazing how a sport can become such a huge part of you.

I can't help but give extra special thanks to all of the supportive family that thought snowboarding was a "phase" but humored me any ways, and to the friends that spent hours in the car with me on our plethora road trips. This pic is for you

May many a more embaressing season pass photos darken me for years to come, because no matter what, the snow is always bright

I love you and let it snow

-Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment