Sunday, August 1, 2010

U-da-ho

Oh, our founding fathers would be proud.

Anywho, when Matt surprised me with the fact that he'd gotten the whole weekend off AND planned an entire 3-day getaway for us, I didn't have the heart to tell him I had a deadline that would require me to be in front of the computer all of Saturday and Sunday.

So, I packed my Nixon catalog and laptop up, and we headed North.


Lava Hot Springs turned out to be nothing more then an overcrowded tourist trap. So we decided to turn left when all of the signs said to go right, in search of our own adventure. GREAT idea, because what we found were secluded creeks and reservoirs perfect for 2 days of

camping


Rising with the sun


Floating


And gourmet dinners


But after 2 days of "roughing it", neither of us could ignore the temptation of civilization that was Lava Hot Springs.

A hot meal


Shopping


And joining fine people like these

(heehee) to float the local river.

That was yesterday. Today, it's off to Newport Beach, CA. Wish me luck.

-Love, Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment